AnalystSubmitted by tleblanc on June 21, 2012 - 1:26pm.
We are looking for a self-motivated, detail-oriented, analytically-minded individual to support the research and maintenance activities of a custom software solution. This position is focused on collecting, synthesizing and documenting the solution content requirements; programming is not expected of this position. This is an entry-level position.
· Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, and abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding.
· Perform research on reporting requirements critical to support the solution.
· Develop and maintain an open dialogue with reporting agencies to gather information and clarification critical to the software solution.
· Document decisions made with researchers, software developers, executives and regulators on how to update/maintain the custom software solution.
· Develop and run test cases to confirm software implementation accuracy (validation/verification).
· Track and perform triage on technical and content issues identified by internal and external customers.
· Organize and maintain documents, knowledge, and other internal data resources as related to this solution.
· Proactively communicate and collaborate with internal team members, including programming staff.
· Other duties as needed.
· Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Exact Sciences, Business, Law, Economics, Accounting or equivalent/comparable work experience with demonstrated quantitative skills.
· Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities; ability to analyze and synthesize information from a variety of sources.
· Excellent and precise verbal and written communication skills.
· Self starter with a desire to learn independently and the ability to overcome obstacles, conduct research, and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
· Ability to work as part of a cross-functional team.
· Meticulous about producing accurate and precise results.
· Ability to understand theory /principles.
· Ability to handle multiple, often competing, priorities and tasks successfully.
· Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and other team members.
· Good organizational skills.
· Authorized to work legally in the US.
· Be physically able to perform sedentary, computer-based work for extended periods of time. Be able to participate in team meetings in person and via teleconference. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; etc.
· Fluency in English.
Additional desirable but not required qualifications include:
· Familiarity with the software development lifecycle, a technical work environment or work experience on software development/implementation projects.
· Familiarity with how to read and understand regulations.
· Knowledge of packaging and product stewardship legislation in North America.
· Non-English language skills.
EPI (www.enviro-pac.com) is a small sustainability consulting firm specializing in extended producer responsibility and sustainable packaging and product design.
Full-time position for immediate start located in Jamestown, RI. Part-time arrangements will also be considered. Salary commensurate with experience.
Only electronic applications will be accepted until June 15th or until the position is filled. We request that the filenames of any e-mail attachments begin with your last name.