Business Partner for Design StudioSubmitted by Josh Silverman on May 18, 2010 - 3:47pm.
Twelve-year old, award-winning design studio located near Providence, RI seeks a core collaborator with left-brained analytical, sales, and management experience to secure prospects, win pitches, deepen existing relationships, and monitor existing policies and procedures to grow the business on all fronts. This is not a design position; familiarity with the design business is advantageous.
- A hearty mix of print, web, brand identity, and exhibit projects of all sizes
- A unique delivery model that scales according to each client and project need
- Time-tested flexible teams
- Local, regional, national, and international clients
- Collaborators where the clients are, and a great support network
- Low overhead, smart people. Proven process, growth trajectory.
- A great network in New England and New York
- An upscale, passionate demeanor
- Experience managing teams
- Experience helping businesses determine and execute growth strategies
- The skills to engage creative teams while minding the business
- The savvy to define our sweet spot and help us get repeat business
- The ability to identify opportunities or solicit them
- A proven track record of success
- Working directly with the Principal and Project Leaders
- Identifying prospects and writing proposals
- Making pitches and watching our sales pipeline
- Managing business operations and budgets
- Responding to or soliciting RFPs
- Coordinating and briefing project teams
- Allocating budgets to project teams and working with bookkeeping to track profits
Salary based on experience and option of full- or part-time; benefits include the potential of equity in the corporation. Equal opportunity employer. Mac and dog friendly. Flexible work environment, open studio architecture, stimulating culture.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and case studies in PDF format to email@example.com by July 1.