Database AdministratorSubmitted by kalmond on June 26, 2012 - 11:05am.
Johnson & Wales University (Providence Campus)
Information Technology Department
Johnson & Wales University is a recognized leader in career education with more than 17,000 graduate and undergraduate students, representing all 50 states and over 90 countries. The Information Technology department is actively seeking a highly competent Database Administrator to provide database and application server support to achieve optimal performance and consistent end-user service.
Essential job functions:
- Provides database and application server support, including backup, tuning, patching, and troubleshooting, as required, to maintain the underlying architecture used by universitywide applications
- Documents configuration changes and key process information
- Collaborates with team members to recommend database engineering or technical solutions for improvements to database performance and consistency
- Researches and tests database upgrades and patches
- Diagnoses and resolves individual department issues to troubleshoot on a variety of university applications
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree
- Moderate amount of experience working in database administration or in other related work
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Access and Internet Explorer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works effectively with others as part of a team
- Bachelor's degree or greater in information technology, computer science or a related field of study
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience working in higher education
- Experience with scripting languages and DTS
Benefits & Perks: Supportive work environment, professional development opportunities and generous benefit programs including health, dental, life, paid time off, 401k with matching contribution, tuition waiver program, tuition exchange scholarship program, free parking, summer early release, and more.
Benefits & Perks:
Supportive work environment, professional development opportunities and generous benefit programs including health, dental, life, paid time off, 401k with matching contribution, tuition waiver program, tuition exchange scholarship program, free parking, summer early release, and more.
For a complete job description and application procedures go to the Johnson & Wales University employment website at http://work.jwu.edu (req. # 2358).
Johnson & Wales University is an Equal Opportunity Employer