Database AdministratorSubmitted by jwu-it on September 21, 2012 - 3:55pm.
Johnson & Wales University is a recognized leader in career education with more than 17,000 graduate and undergraduate students, representing 49 states and over 100 countries.
The Database Administrator provides database and application server support to achieve optimal performance and consistent end-user service.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides database and application server support, including backup, tuning, patching, and troubleshooting, as required, to maintain the underlying architecture used by universitywide applications
- Documents configuration changes and key process information
Collaborates with team members to recommend database engineering or technical solutions for improvements to database performance and consistency
- Researches and tests database upgrades and patches
- Diagnoses and resolves individual department issues to troubleshoot on a variety of university applications
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree
- Moderate amount of experience working in database administration or in other related work
- Bachelor's degree or greater in information technology, computer science or a related field of study
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience working in higher education
- Experience with scripting languages and DTS
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Access and Internet Explorer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works effectively with others as part of a team
Johnson & Wales University recognizes that, along with its students, the most important resources the university has are its "human resources" -- its faculty and staff. If you would like to share in our commitment to support the personal and professional success of the university's dynamic and diverse workforce, we invite you to learn more about this exciting opportunity and to apply online* at http://work.jwu.edu to requisition #2461.
Johnson & Wales University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Note: JWU accepts online applications for currently open and available positions solely via http://work.jwu.edu. Applications and resumes that are faxed, mailed, or emailed to our offices cannot be accepted as application for employment.