Field technical consultantSubmitted by Nick Simmonds on May 31, 2012 - 8:46am.
Field technical consultant
We are a small consulting firm seeking a new technical consultant to perform field work at client locations in and around Rhode Island. Tasks will range from desktop support to server administration and include network building and maintenance as well. Candidate should have a wide range of experience with technologies in the small and medium business market. Position requires 80-100% travel around RI and into CT and MA.
Job requirements include:
· Degree in technical field or equivalent experience
· At least 2 more years of Windows Server 2003/2008 support experience
· Experience configuring networking devices – routers, firewalls, switches, etc.
· Understanding of TCP/IP networking
· Wireless networking experience
· Backup software installation, configuration and maintenance
· Experience with managing hosted SaaS solutions
· Good writing and verbal communication skills
· Personable appearance
· Must have own car
Ideal candidates will also have experience in some of the following:
· Configuring and maintaining Exchange and other mail servers
· IT security, especially HIPAA and Mass. Security law
· Mas OS X maintenance
· Network design and buildout
· SonicWALL devices
· Previous consulting work with multiple clients
Industry certifications, including MCITP, MCP, CCNA, SonicWALL etc., a big plus
Please forward resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org