Information Security AnalystSubmitted by kalmond on May 7, 2012 - 12:45pm.
Essential job functions:
- Maintains and monitors security measures related to data, information, and systems; and conducts vulnerability and risk assessments
- Provides technical support to the team during reviews of university networks, systems and controls in order to assess new threats and vulnerabilities and maintain compliance
- Assists in the selection of tools for infrastructure protection through knowledge of systems, security principles and concepts and new IT security developments
- Works to anticipate, assess and minimize system vulnerabilities and supports internal customers when system issues occur
- Educates users about Information Security policies and provides consultation on security issues
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Moderate amount of experience working in information security, network security management, forensic incident response or related experience
- Moderate amount of experience with cyber security incident response and information systems security issues
Must have experience with documenting and tracking Information Security related activities
- Minimum of an associate's degree or equivalent formal training program
- Associate's degree, equivalent formal training program, or greater in computer science, network forensics or a related field of study
- Working knowledge of common computer operating systems, networking fundamentals, architecture, network security devices, inspecting and reviewing information systems, and training personnel on information security related topics
- Security certification(s) which includes the demonstrated ability to use software utilities, demonstrated ability to acquire digital evidence, and ability to conduct forensic exams of digital evidence
Benefits & Perks:
- Supportive work environment, professional development opportunities and generous benefit programs including health, dental, life, paid time off, 401k with matching contribution, tuition waiver program, tuition exchange scholarship program, free parking, summer early release, and more.
Johnson & Wales University recognizes that, along with its students, the most important resources the university has are its "human resources" -- its faculty and staff. If you would like to share in our commitment to support the personal and professional success of the university's dynamic and diverse workforce, we invite you to learn more about this exciting opportunity and to apply online* at http://work.jwu.edu to requisition #2300.
Johnson & Wales University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages nominations from women and minorities.
*Note: JWU accepts online applications for currently open and available positions solely via http://work.jwu.edu. Applications and résumés that are faxed, mailed, or emailed to our offices cannot be accepted as application for employment.