Java Developer for Interactive TVSubmitted by jon077 on March 12, 2012 - 1:54pm.
We’re looking for a full-time, talented Java developer with front-end experience to help us create new Interactive Television, web and mobile applications. We need someone who is self-managing, innovative, detail-oriented, and relishes the opportunity to work on a broad range of projects with a diverse team of smart and quirky individuals.
What you can expect from us:
- Collaboration or mentorship with experienced professionals
- A supportive and non-competitive community
- A calm and quiet work environment
- Scrum methodologies to provide a clear schedule and goals
- Test Driven Development
- Automated builds
- Best-of-breed tools for task management and bug databases
- Exposure to different technologies and frameworks
- Exposure to a variety of different technology environments: web, TV and mobile; front and back-end design utilizing proprietary platforms and back-end administrative systems
- The tools you need to get the job done well, including your choice of machine (most of us use MacBook Pros)
- A stipend for books and professional development resources
- A competitive salary with vacation, personal days and health benefits
- Perks in our Providence office: Bacon Fridays, fresh bread from our bread machine, access to the record player and an outdoor garden.
What we’ll expect from you:
- Create well-written Java web applications using OO design patterns
- Create robust AJAX-driven GUI’s
- Work with a team of developers to create and complete goals and objectives in a timely manner based on project requirements and milestones
- Provide expert feedback to designers and clients, improving products through iterative process
Qualifications we require:
- Excellent understanding of Java and the Servlet APIs.
- Experience with Servlet Engines - Jetty, Tomcat and JBoss
- Test Driven Development, specifically working experience with Junit
- Experience with Maven or Ant
- Familiarity with a revision control system and an issue tracking system
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
Qualifications we prefer:
- SVN, Trac, JIRA
- Experience creating and working with Oracle and MySQL schemas
One last thing, if you have a lot of these skills, but not all of them, please still apply. We love to teach those who are willing to learn.
Please apply on our website at http://kenzan.com/careers.html and upload a resumé and code sample.
Code Sample Guidelines: We would like to see a sample of code you can show. Can you write something simple and brief to showcase your understanding of Java and Oracle SQL or anything else that is representative of your skills? A few classes or simple project is fine, but it should be something explainable and brief.