Web Application DeveloperSubmitted by jazzedge on August 14, 2012 - 6:52am.
JAZZEDGE CORP (http://www.jazzedge.com) is an Internet business that provides online instruction in piano, drums, bass guitar in addition to providing theater education resources. We are seeking a talented PHP/LAMP web developer to build web sites for our various distance learning programs. JAZZEDGE CORP is a small, family owned business and we need a team-player who is comfortable with collaboration, has a strong work ethic, enjoys the creative process and can see development projects though to completion without a great deal of management. We are open to local candidates only.
This is a mid-level position that will be temporary/contractual to begin with the possibility of becoming a full-time position.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work closely with our design staff to add new functionality to our existing sites
- Participate in development discussion pertaining to new web projects
- Implement site changes and code upgrades
- Coordinate/collaborate with other JAZZEDGE team members to determine and meet the needs of our students with particular emphasis on site usability and functionality
- Work closely with other developers to properly integrate the front- and back-end design
- Assist in creating great user experience and user interface design.
- (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Ideal candidate is a self-starter with a passion for technology
- Extensive PHP5/MySQL (LAMP) development experience
- Ability to assimilate quickly
- Top-notch PHP5 developer, familiar with the latest features in PHP 5.X
- MySQL - Modern database development expertise and be familiar with writing concise and fast queries
- Strong experience in jQuery, AJAX and CSS
- We develop on Macs, but must be comfortable working on both Mac’s and PC’s.
- Honesty, integrity and a genuine desire to be a part of a team
- 5+ years of web development experience
Skills that are a plus, but not required
- Experience building modern web services.
- Experience in building social sites or apps (Facebook, etc.)
- Familiarity with Wordpress structure and coding best practices.
- Degree in Web Development or related field
- A background in the performing arts