Senior IT Systems AdministratorSubmitted by kalmond on June 26, 2012 - 10:50am.
Senior IT Systems Administrator
Johnson & Wales University (Providence Campus)
Information Technology Department
Johnson & Wales University is a recognized leader in career education with more than 17,000 graduate and undergraduate students, representing all 50 states and over 90 countries. The Information Technology department is actively seeking a highly competent Senior IT Systems Administrator to plan, design, deploy and manage the server and storage infrastructure necessary to support the university's IT systems.
Essential job functions:
- Plans and executes complicated deployment of and upgrades to major server storage and components in support of the university's required applications and services
- Monitors, maintains and troubleshoots critical components of the university servers and storage; resolves server and storage issues in a timely and professional manner; provides technical expertise to other university IT staff to assist in solving technical server and storage issues
- Acts as primary contact for support and maintenance of several technologies
- Creates and updates server and storage design and configuration documentation
- Applies sound root cause analysis and problem solving methodologies to successfully address issues on SGT supported systems
- Facilitates the security of university data through patch management and countermeasures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree
- Significant experience in IT systems administration or related experience
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or greater in an applicable technical field
- Experience managing servers in an enterprise environment
- Experience managing storage in an enterprise environment
- Experience in higher education
Benefits & Perks:
Supportive work environment, professional development opportunities and generous benefit programs including health, dental, life, paid time off, 401k with matching contribution, tuition waiver program, tuition exchange scholarship program, free parking, summer early release, and more.
For a complete job description and application procedures go to the Johnson & Wales University employment website at http://work.jwu.edu (req. # 2361).
Johnson & Wales University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.