Swipely Inside Sales Manager roleSubmitted by mharrahy on September 18, 2012 - 9:03am.
Swipely is revolutionizing local commerce one transaction at a time.
Based in Providence RI, Swipely is a growing, successful Internet Marketing/Loyalty start-up looking for a Manager of Inside Sales. The role reports directly to the VP of Sales. Our exciting product offering has already generated significant revenues and rave reviews from customers. We are looking for an EXCEPTIONAL Insides Sales Manager who can lead a small Inside Sales team (currently 4 people). If you have a natural, proven ability to motivate people, fluency using Salesforce.com, and a verifiable track record of above-plan success, selling products or services to SMBs we need to talk.
Swipely is backed by leading investors from Index Ventures, First Round Capital and Greylock Partners and is growing month-to-month revenue at over 40%.
If you’d like to learn even more about what Swipely means to local business, as seen through the eyes of our customers, definitely check out www.swipelyworks.com. We think you’ll be impressed. In the meantime, here are the details of the job:
Do you want to make an impact at a cutting edge start-up that is redefining the way local merchants market to their customers? We are looking for an EXCEPTIONAL Inside Sales Manager with proven success. If you have a natural ability to Motivate and Lead an Inside Sales team, and the desire to be part of something truly special, this could be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for. We are already experiencing dramatic month to month revenue growth, but we need you, to continue past the ‘tipping point’.
Swipely is a well-funded venture backed start-up with a growing revenue stream, and the proven ability to deliver a compelling advantage to our SMB customers. The Swipely team has extensive experience building valuable companies and includes veterans of Tellme, Microsoft, Netscape, eBay, SeamlessWeb and Paypal. We are located in Providence RI, about an hour from Boston. Swipely’s mission is to help local merchants succeed by democratizing tools and powerful data that were once reserved only for big businesses. Our goal is to package these tools in a remarkably simple and intuitive way, allowing busy merchants the ability to market more effectively without any additional time investment. Swipely helps local merchants succeed by transforming their traditional payment processing (something every SMB already pays for) into a valuable direct marketing and loyalty tool that brings customers back. Swipely is NOT a daily-deal company. Swipely helps SMB customers grow their business without slashing their prices. For consumers, Swipely turns purchases at favorite local places into rewards, using the credit or debit cards consumers already have -- there is no need to cut coupons, buy vouchers, remember loyalty cards or "check in."
What Your Responsibilities Will Be:
- Motivate: You must help the team push through the rough patches, while at the same time helping leverage their successes even more fully. Oh, and it should be fun!
- Lead: You should enjoy rolling up your sleeves and leading by example.
- Coach: Help Inside Sales Representatives (ISRs) set plan to meet targets
- Listen to ISR calls and provide immediate feedback to help reps improve skills
- Conduct weekly reviews with each ISR to check on key metrics and adjust tactics
- Implement systems and strategies that increase productivity
- Track and report progress using Salesforce.com
- Grow the team by hiring additional ISRs
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales goals
The Attributes We Are Looking For:
- Self-motivated and driven, with excellent leadership skills
- Experience using technology to increase efficiency and overcome challenges
- Entrepreneurial overachiever with a positive attitude and high energy level
- Enjoys the fast-paced start-up lifestyle - must be flexible!
The Experience You Should Have:
- A BA/BS and 2 plus years of Inside Sales Management experience, selling technology products, advertising or internet based services to SMBs
- Demonstrated track record of meeting or exceeding sales quota
- Experience introducing new products to market
- Experience working in collaborative start-up environment
- Experience selling to SMB customers preferred
- Strong CRM (Salesforce) experience
What Is Swipely All About?
- Swipely is a powerful new way for local merchants to grow sales by unlocking the data in the payments network.
- No new hardware or software is required, and there are no changes in how consumers pay.
- It replaces legacy merchant payment processing without new costs, delivering significantly more value through analytics, loyalty and marketing tools for small businesses.
How does Swipely work? It’s Simple, merchants…
- Upgrade to Swipely Payment Marketing Swipely’s sophisticated technology integrates with the payment network. To join, our customers simply upgrade their payment processing to Swipely’s next-generation Payment Marketing platform. It’s hassle-free, with no interruptions at the point-of-sale.
- Unlock Powerful Insights from Transaction Data Our customers gain a new perspective on their business starting on day one. They see trends and utilize analytics that offer new operational insights. Compare their performance against industry benchmarks and see actionable opportunities to grow revenue with Payment Marketing.
- Recruit Customers with Free Payment Marketing Tools Swipely’s Member Advisor team works closely with merchants to create a custom marketing program for each customer’s business. They can use free, customized tools to recruit customers into their own branded loyalty program including mobile, social media, in-store and more.
- Grow Revenue and Loyalty with Direct Marketing Autopilots Transaction data allows our customers to intelligently and automatically communicate with their customers once they’ve left the store. Available actions include sending Thank You emails after a purchase, helping win back lapsed customers, driving traffic to a specific day, rewarding loyal customers and more. As a result, our customers can engage their own customers and grow revenue with remarkable ease.
If this is a match for someone in your network *please* forward this, or send a resume if it's the right job for you!
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE