Systems EngineerSubmitted by envision-jeffw on March 7, 2012 - 2:33pm.
Envision Technology Advisors’ system engineering and consulting practice is focused on planning, designing, implementing, and managing these technology solutions for our clients. This position provides both client management and systems engineering with a focus on storage and virtualization.
Required Technical and Work Experience
- 3+ years hands on experience planning, designing, and implementing server virtualization and storage solutions
- Experience designing, implementing, and supporting NetApp’s storage product line
- Experience designing, implementing, and supporting VMware’s product line, including vSphere, vCenter, Hypervisor, and View
- Experience gathering customer requirements, white-boarding technical solutions, reviewing a project Statement of Work (SOW)
- Experience virtualizing common back-office operating systems and applications on VMware (such as Microsoft Windows Server, Exchange Server, SQL Server, etc…)
Desired Technical and Work Experience
- Experience with IBM, 3PAR, Xiotech, Equallogic, LeftHand or other storage technology
- Experience designing and implementing server solutions using Cisco’s Unified Computing System (UCS)
- Experience designing and implementing network solutions using Extreme, HP, Cisco or Dell switching
- Consulting experience. The ideal candidate will have some experience with a technology vendor or systems integrator selling, designing, and implementing the above solutions
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as engineer for Envision Technology Advisors’ consulting practice
- Deploy and support a mix of the above technologies for our clients
- Work with sales / sales engineering team to develop opportunities with new and existing clients
- Participate in technical sessions with clients to discover requirements and develop solutions
- Present solutions to clients
- Serve as engineering resource on implementation projects
- Mentor and develop engineering support team member roles
- Maintain technical certifications as required
- Hands-on experience required
- Four-year degree preferred
- VCP, NCDA, CCIE and/or NCIE certifications desired
Envision Technology Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please email a resume to HR1@envisionsuccess.net.