Web App DeveloperSubmitted by provplan on April 30, 2012 - 10:55am.
The Providence Plan is seeking a Web Application Developer to support their mission of democratizing data for the City of Providence and the state of Rhode Island.
As a Web App Developer you get to:
- Work with and contribute to open source projects
- Wrangle, map and visualize interesting datasets
- Work on a a variety of projects
- Be part of a small team. No bureaucracy, few meetings
- Work to make a better city and state!
- Python and Django experience
- Understanding of HTML/CSS/JS
- Understanding of Linux based web stack
- Understanding of Git/Github
Not required but helpful:
- Ruby on Rails
- Experience working with D3.js or Protovis
- Experience with other Python libraries/tools such as Celery, Flask or Gunicorn
- Experience with Postgresql/PostGIS
About The Providence Plan
The Providence Plan’s information work is based on the organization’s belief that information - what exists, how it is used, and who uses it - is a fundamental aspect of community revitalization in an age of expanding information technology. ProvPlan is committed to providing access (through the Internet and other means) to useful, usable local information as a tool to affect positive change throughout Providence and its neighborhoods.
We offer great benefits and a flexible work schedule.
401 455-8880 x215